Friday, April 21, 2006

the man from yesterday -

These words for you
I spoke to myself
After the phone call
Saying ‘couldn’t resist’

I want you by my side
Hold you through the night
So many lullabies to sing
To make you sleep like a queen

So many kisses to greet
The morning opening of your lips
Bathe you in them, awake
Make love to you at the daybreak

Then I’ll make some coffee
Those lashes will raise the lids
Drugged with the nights sleep
Your eyes will begin to see me

You will smile at the world
Brightening up my day
We’ll light up a ciggi together
And start talking in our smokey way.

- the other bojangles

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. My name is Shelly and I manage an apartment community in Houst, Texas USA. I was doing a web search for Navroz Mubarak and came across your blog. I know that several of our residents celebrated this holiday on March 21st. I am trying to figure out more about their culture. We would like to have resident parties to celebrate their other holidays. I am not having very much luck in my research. Are these Parsis or Zoroastrian holidays? Or, is it something totally different? Do you know where I can find other holidays they may celebrate? If you have any suggestions, please e-mail me at shelly.garrett@gmail.com I hope you can help...I am running out of ideas. Thanks!

Surath Chatterji said...

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Brown Weed said...

Shelly, hope you got mail..