Thursday, January 21, 2010

Song To Savita

hey hey miss savita I wrote you a song
when the crowds they were aplenty and the lines they were long
you'd smile through your window, quicker than the rest
no trouble for small change, honey you were the best.

hey hey miss savita what keeps you going so cool
is there someone who loves you, calls you his jewel
do you see him in every man who comes up your way
or are you hoping for a traveller to walk up to you today

hey hey miss savita will I be seeing you again
I've just quit my job, won't be taking the train
maybe we'd go out for tea and talk of everyday routines,
the people you've seen and of ticketing machines.

6 comments:

Bhaskar Khaund said...

wow , a kavita for Savita ! great stuff as usual . the first line reminded me of "Hey Woody Guthrie I wrote you a song".i'd prefer your poem anyday to "a song for Woody" which frankly left me quite wooden.not that dylan would care.or woody guthrie for that matter...

Pooja Nair said...

i love the second para...what keeps you going?...so beautiful!!!

ALIen said...

baba, this is the first floor of churchgate station of I am not wrong?
also The above mentioned woody guthrie gave a new thought as well.
Cheersr!!!!

Brown Weed said...

hey Bhaskar. you're right, i took the title and the tune from Dylan. and i'm real glad you liked my one.

thanks Pooja. :-)

and Ali Baba! you're right. it is the main ticketing area of Churchgate, not the first floor though. i've seen her there from 7:30 - not sure how much earlier she gets in.

vishalc2005@gmail.com said...

my first visit here, will keep coming back for more

Anonymous said...

really very nice ..
cheap flights