Tuesday, September 09, 2008

all's trivial


hello fluffy doggie. i wonder how u can lie like this,
chin on the floor, neck all stretched out.
lazy fellow. only movin one eyebrow.
i would take your pic, but i'm talkin right now.
(and i dunno if i can take a pic while using my phone)

i am waitin below the K's building, our lady of constant succour.
i'd never seen so many cats sittin on a road.
he says there's a lady who feeds them.
now there are big, costly fireworks in the sky.
so pretty! twinkle twinkle little stars!
but later they turn into suspended octopuses -
a thick, soft smoky center;
    and thin, soft smoky tentacles reaching out in the dark.
the tentacles disappear first, the center drifts for longer.
the cats are gettin up (think i see the lady),
tis dinner time everywhere.

i brought home a white persian lily & a red gladiolus stick today
(can see them in the pic)
they replace the red & pink roses i got last wednesday
to remind me of sunset skies.
also, my railway pass expired today,
so it's been exactly three months at my new job -

we take stock
and all is good.

5 comments:

Krishna Reddy said...

HeHe :)
Our Lady of Constant Sucker!
A BIG Hi to your fluffy canine from my felines.

Krishna Reddy said...

Btw, 3 days ago I shot a feline fellow feasting together with a canine fellow near mahim church!

Kits said...

Very nice Mr Bojangles

meraj said...

what will be the next set of flowers?

Pooja Nair said...

Enjoyed your description of the dog.. I can so picture it sitting there!!!

I love this poem because its also about cats...:)

I still remember the flowers you got me once!

you are a wonderful guy! :)