Sunday, September 21, 2008

le frog chanson

my dressing table
I'll play you a love tune
and turn on your smile
get you to dance and twirl
and take you out in style

we'd make music everyday
if you'd be my girl.

I'll be your yellow
and bring home the sun
paint it with dark red love
when the day is done

we'd keep all black at bay
if you'd be my girl.

And we'd go see places
that we had never had seen
silver moonlight and blue rivers
where we never had been

i'd take you far far away
if you'd just be my girl.

I can't always take you unawares
you know me now, as i'm knowing you
come closer, here, take my hand
my word, dear, will always be true

but tonight i'll be anyone you say
if only you'd be my girl.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

this poem will be incomplete if you don't lend your voice and music to it.

A Arora said...

Lol. Cute..
but alas..
:))

meraj said...

sounding like mr cohen, are we?

Anonymous said...

I can't see how the Jap Babe can say no to our Frog Prince after that!!!!

Anonymous said...

Faizaan, that was so so beautiful. I loved it. Please sing it :)

soulasylum said...

Fuzz, Sheece and Boy are correct - You HAVE to sing this one! :) Only you will be able to lend it more beauty than it already possesses.

ShrutiWrites said...

Yeah, agree with the lot. But I'm sure, you've already set it to some tune na?

Brown Weed said...

thanks Sheece, thanks Boy, Spikey, Sunshine, Shruti.. haven't picked out a tune yet - still unsure what kind of a song it should be.

Spikey - she only laughs..

And I hadn't thought of Cohen at all. Tis way too forthright to be him, no?

Kits said...

Fuzz, sing it with heart..it will come to you and send to all of us. It was lovely and the one who laughs at u doesn't deserve you hon :) Oh yes, I can be the gurl too :D

Pooja Nair said...

Dreamy....

Such a beautiful thing to imagine up just by staring at your table....

Or did you actually hear this lovable frog sing this to the proud giesha?

tell us the truth! :)

meraj said...

yeah, a simpl minded Cohen....you have captured the similar 'craving'